Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mix Tape #1

Here is a collection of songs that I have been listening to lately for you to download. 


1. A-Punk  by  VAMPIRE WEEKEND
    If The Walkmen's favorite album was Paul Simon's Graceland then they would sound like this. 

2. Evil Energy, The Ill Twin Of...  by  FROG EYES
    I have no idea what he is singing about but I like the passion in his voice.

3. The Falling Sun  by  A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS
    Sounds very much like old Jesus and Mary Chain.

4. Fluorescent Grey  by  DEERHUNTER
    I loved their Cryptograms album and this is my favorite song from the followup EP.

5. I Got The...  by  LABI SIFFRE
    About 10 years ago a very popular song sampled the hell out of this song. Figure out what it is.

6. I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance  by  BLACK KIDS
    A new band out of Florida getting a lot of attention.

7. Merchandise  by  FUGAZI
    I've been revisiting Fugazi after a long break. Man they were a great band.

8. My Family  by  JAY REATARD
    Great punk in a Buzzcocks tradition.

9. Ride 4 My Niggas  by  LIL WAYNE
    My favorite hip hop album at the moment.

10. Someone Great  by  LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
    A Polish stylist I was working with said when this song came on, "What is this? It is awful." I think it is a wonderful song.



1 comment:

knuckles said...

sweet! thanks for the download... now i can have some new music this week!