Monday, January 28, 2008

Stub Stories #1


VAN HALEN

This was the second concert I ever attended, the first being The Commodores (after Lionel Richie left to go solo) at a ballon festival in Greenville, SC. My friend Andy Lloyd, a big metal fan, bought me the ticket for my birthday. It was Van Halen with Sammy Hagar and they were touring for the album OU812. I remember yelling a lot till I was hoarse because that seemed to be the thing to do. Michael Anthony had a Jack Daniel's bass and chugged some Jack during his solo. I think the day before the concert I saw Jessie Jackson speak at NC State campaigning for the Democrats and encouraging students to register to vote.  Keep hope alive. 

2 comments:

Jessica + Chuck said...

my first show was "POWERSTATION"... with my step-dad. BOOO I guess this was some kind of consolation since we could not go to the Duran Duran show because of some family pic-nic crap that i am sure to this day they cooked up just to make me more angry than i already was as a 12 year old girl.

monica said...

bee-gees, dodger stadium, 1978


i like the "stub stories" idea. hope you make it a regular column.

word up.